All NC Oral Surgery + Orthodontics locations are open for all procedures.
At NCOSO, your safety and well-being are our number one concern. As the situation continues to change, we are taking action to better serve you and your family.
NCOSO will be offering patient temperature screenings or asking screening questions prior to entering our offices. Our offices may also be reaching out to ask screening questions before scheduling an appointment. Read below for more of our policies and procedures.
New Policies and Procedures:
- Individuals with current COVID-19 diagnoses or individuals who are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 (i.e. fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, muscle aches, headache, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, nasal congestion, vomiting, diarrhea, or skin rashes) will NOT be permitted to enter our offices. Please call our office to reschedule your appointment if any of these conditions apply!
- Our office will communicate with you before your appointment to ask screening questions.
- Upon entering the building, we ask that all patients wear masks and any accompanying family members wear masks as well. Patients are also asked to limit the number of guests at their appointment (i.e. parents, guardians, children, etc).
- As a courtesy to our patients, no additional fee will be charged for PPE used during your procedure.
- All staff will be screened as they enter the building each day.
- We are taking extra care to disinfect all surfaces, door handles, and points of contact (as recommended by the CDC, OSHA, and WHO) in addition to our already rigorous sanitation standards. The staff has also been given a new set of protocols for PPE (personal protective equipment) specifically in regards to COVID-19.
- You may see that our waiting rooms are adjusted for social distancing measures. Furniture is further apart and all magazines/children’s toys have been removed (since these items are difficult to clean).
- Please allow for social distancing in all lobby areas and adhere to the stickers placed on the lobby floors.
- All consent forms, treatment plans, and payments may be presented to you in the treatment room.
- You may be asked to pre-rinse with an oral rinse (Chlorhexidine or Listerine) for one minute before beginning treatment.
- Hand sanitizer or hand-washing stations will also be available for patient use.
Thank you for helping us keep you and your family safe while visiting our offices.
Our staff is ready to see you!
If you have any other questions, please contact us by scheduling online, emailing [email protected], or calling 833-GO-NCOSO to speak to a patient services representative directly.